It isn’t easy to balance a commitment to sustainable, local and organic foods with a grocery budget. Here are some tips that will help you get the best value for your food dollars at the co-op:
1. Take Inventory of your fridge and pantry, know what you have and prepare a shopping list.
2. Plan for leftovers! You won’t be running to the nearest take out place and blowing your budget.
3. Base your list on what’s on sale. Check out our Co+op Deals sales flier available in the store or on our website. Sales run biweekly. Stock up on your favorites!
4. Use coupons available on the shelf or look at your favorite brands website for on-line coupons. Don’t let coupons persuade you to buy something you don’t need!
5. Shop our bulk aisle! This is where some of our best deals are. You buy only the amount you need and don’t pay for fancy packages. Reuse your bags and containers and help the environment too!
6. Check out our Weekly Fresh Specials. These sales run Thursday through Wednesday.
7. Place special orders for cases on items that you buy routinely. If you’re a member, you’ll get a discount!
8. Look for our store specials and bye bye buy sales.
9. Shop the various sales we host monthly, you'll save 10% on the selected sale items (non-members save 5%) like supplements and body care items on Wellness Wednesdays. Visit our co-op calendar and events page to learn what sale is coming up!
10. Become a co-op member-owner! You will be eligible for Member Only Specials each month and quarterly discount coupons. It pays to be a member!