It's part of our mission to serve the community. Although we would like to support every worthwhile cause, due to the volume of applications and a limited budget, it is not possible to fulfill every request. Please review the following information before completing your Wheatsfield Co-op donation application.
1. Requests must be made formally using the donation application.
2. Only one donation per year will be made to any given organization. Please plan appropriately and decide when it is best to request a donation from Wheatsfield Co-op.
3. Your organization or event must be located within Ames. Some exceptions may apply.
4. The application must be received at least 2-4 weeks before the event date in order to be considered. All applications are reviewed on a first-come, first-serve basis. Due to a limited donation budget, early submission is recommended.
5. Donation consideration is given to organizations that promote:
- natural and organic foods,
- sustainability, and/or
- environmental and community improvement.
6. Requests from the following organizations will not be considered by Wheatsfield Co-op
Service clubs or fraternal organizations
Private clubs funded through membership fees
Sporting events or sports teams
Individuals/sponsorship of individuals
7. Past support of an organization or event is not a guarantee of future support.
8. If you have questions about your request, please contact Kim Corbin.
To be considered for a donation, please return your completed application to Wheatsfield Co-op along with any background information on your event and your organization, including a Web site URL if you have one.